Tuesday, June 8, 2010

OKC Bombing


I am not an Oklahoma native nor do I know too many details about the Oklahoma City bombing. The year the bombing happened I was living in Maryland and did not have a clue about what or where Oklahoma even was. But since I have moved here for school I have gone and seen the memorial....and wow. That is all I have to say. For knowing nothing about it and no one personally affected by it, it is still one of the most emotional things I have every seen. It is so amazingly memorialized and so informational. I learned so much about it and really felt for all of the families who suffered a loss as a cause of it. The memorial is so beautiful and well done it is truly amazing. I was overwhelmed with emotion when walking through, seeing the faces of the victims. If any of you have not seen it, it is SO worth it! It is so impacting and shows how much Oklahoma has not forgotten about that horrid day! GOD BLESS:)

2 comments:

  1. A lot of Oklahoma natives have yet to see it. I haven't. Almost everyone I know who came from out-of-state has and say it's really something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the Oklahoma Bombing Memorial is a wonderful tribute to the lives lost in the Oklahoma City Bombing. I have had the opportunity to visit the site and it is a little overwhelming for me. I couldn't imagine what the families went through losing their loved ones in such an horrific manner. I can only hope that the memorial serves as a source of comfort to the families knowing that everyone shares in their grief and that the memories of their loved ones are being kept alive forever for the whole world to see.

    ReplyDelete