Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ken Robinson says School Kills Creativity...hmm watcha think 'bout it?



I don't know how much I agree with Ken Robinsons philosophy that we are all born artists and grow out of it? I was born with zero artistic ability. I have tried my WHOLE life to be artistic, has yet to happen. I think that it really just all depends on your teachers you have while growing up. Sure, there are the teachers who "teach to the test" however, I have had so many amazing teachers that teach you to think outside of the box. Those teachers have shaped my imagination! Although I have no artistic abilities, I can come up with some pretty great ideas if someone else will just draw them out, which led me to my major, advertising! I think the mind of a child is highly affected by the people who raise them, and their surrounding environment. If your parents have sticks up their ass, you probably will too! If your parents are free spirits who let you chose your own path of life, then you can shape your own imagination! I don't think that it is school that is killing creativity, I think it is just a few crappy teachers and parents who have their kids on a leash (literally and figuratively). This picture I found on Google cracked me up!!! This is EXACTLY where i'm coming from!!!

5 comments:

  1. I agree that some teachers don't teach as well as others. Dr. Hanebutt is a great example of someone who can shape your mind. I an in his ethics class and am enjoying every second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I should probably get into that intersession class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe we are all creative in our own way, we just have to learn how to tap into our creativity...which we have to be taught how to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol I know it just fit so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete