Wednesday, June 16, 2010

BURNIN' DOWN THE HOUSE

SO....last night I started a small oven fire..... the first fire I have started in the 4 years of living on my own...

It all started when I remembered I had leftover pizza from Monday night in my fridge. I got home, turned on the oven waited for it to preheat then stuck a couple pieces on the top rack to re heat. I left them in there for about 8 minutes then went to grab them out. When I took one piece out, the bottom point of it hit the other piece and knocked it down to the bottom burner...then BAM ..FLAME! I somehow managed to keep myself calm (NO clue how) and turned off the oven, grabbed the slice of pizza out...tossed it from the oven into my sink, grabbed a kitchen towel and started hitting out the flame....so after my heart is about to beat out of my chest, my hands are shaking uncontrollably...there is smoke everywhere....the fire was out!!! I saved my life and my poor ovens life!!!

(but i kind of wish some cute fire men had to come over and help ;)


BUT I LIVE TO WRITE ABOUT IT THANK YOU JESUS!

13 comments:

  1. Wow. It's scray how quickly that kind of stuff can happen. Glad you are okay, doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I caught my oven on fire and exploded my microwave in one week last year. I guess my kitchen thought I should diet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had that happen and usually it's not a big deal. But for one of my neighbors in an apartment complex I used to live in in Del City, she caught her kitchen on fire. The sprinklers went off, which was good. The bad thing is that her kitchen and my kitchen shared a common wall, so I had a flood in my kitchen.

    It's good that you kept yourself together and dealt with it. Glad that you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me just say that I am glad your okay and that your house didn't burn down but I have to admit this story is hilarious! I love when random things happen to me because then you know its a story to tell everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did that with the stove in my apartment! I laughed the whole time I was trying to kill the fire. Then decided to go for takeout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahah ya...no the pizze did not make it...had to resort to a pizza lunchable...(which by my standards is just as good) And ya it was kind of halarious just because I was alone and wish someone was video taping me!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha ur so funny girl, that sounds like fun!!!! opps, better watch that pizza more closely or just stick to microwave pizza! PIZZA ROLLS!!! MMMMM : P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that sounds like a story I would be telling. It seems like I am always burning something in the apartment. Between my roommate and me we were always setting off the smoke alarm. I once when I was younger out an Arby's sandwich in the microwave, well I learned real fast that I should have taken off the wrapper and put it on a paper towel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have freaked out kudos for staying calm!!! I hope you got to enjoy ur pizza though!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, all this pizza talk is making me even more hungry. My stomach is eating my back! At the last place I lived we had a self cleaning oven, you know it locks and burns all the junk off. I had made pizza and some of it had dropped to the bottom of the oven the night before, so when I set it on the self cleaning mode it was locked up but a fire started inside of it. I couldn't think of what to do so I just stood there and watched it burn out. So the lesson for today is that pizza + oven = fire.

    ReplyDelete